Tuesday, October 13, 2009

monkey monkey underpants


Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. 'I'm writing a letter. I can't write a letter. Why can't I write a letter? I'm wearing a green dress. I wish I was wearing my blue dress. My blue dress is at the cleaners. The Germans wore grey, you wore blue. Casablanca. Casablanca is such a good movie. Casablanca. the White House. Bush. Why don't I drive a hybrid car? I should really drive a hybrid car. I should really take my bicycle to work. Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants.'
-Gilmore Girls



Yeah, that's how I feel lately. I want to write, be creative, DO stuff, but then my mind races, overheats, explodes. You know? You know. hmm, maybe I'll start off with some 'what has been happening' randomness.


-It's pretty windy right now, and the tall plant in my front yard has gotten so big that it's scraping against the window. Good thing I don't sleep here at night, I'd probably get freaked out. hopefully my honey will cut it down soon. (Let me clarify, I don't sleep here at night because I work at night. That's how rumors get started, you know? Believe me, I'm from Forks, so I know ALL about how rumors get started. ha. I still love small towns though.)


-It's pretty windy right now, which means work is probably gonna suck. It's nights like these that I'm kind of glad I work graveyard, and especially not swing shift. It just means it's that many less calls I have to take from people telling me their power is out. 911 is not the number for PUD, thanks though. You not being able to watch Grey's Anatomy does not constitute and emergency in my book, but thanks for tying up the lines. Hopefully that person waiting in the queue for me to get done with this ridiculous call isn't dead, because they were probably having what we around here like to call 'a REAL emergency.' Okay, I've put the soap box away, let's continue.


-Some people at work have decided to get together a 'Biggest Loser' contest, It starts tomorrow. I found about it yesterday which is perfect timing because yesterday was the first day I've been back to the gym in about 1,000 years. Everyone Puts $10 in the pot and whoever loses the biggest percentage of body weight by February 14 wins. I don't care about the money really, but I'm thinking being in competition with people (even though it's a totally friendly competition) might help me stick to this longer than a week.*





-My dogs are being so good right now, they are both sleeping near me in the living room. I should go to sleep while they're not being crazy and running around the house. Oh, wait, just kidding. Lucy is now deciding whether or not to bark at the bush in the front yard. Oh, Lucy, thank you for protecting me from the bush in the front yard. You're the best guard dog ever. Ever. Or not really.


-The blond girl on the pink team on this season's Biggest Loser look like Leann Rimes. But prettier because she probably didn't cheat on her husband and wreck another woman's home. How did that soapbox get back out here?







-I went to the store yesterday and bought some pink tulips, they are so pretty!! I thought is was a perfect opportunity to use my film camera. Well, Greg's camera, but what's his is mine and what's mine is ours, right? It's a Konica, and it used to be his dad's, but he gave it to Greg when he moved into the digital age. I think he bought it in Vietnam when he was in the service. When Greg's parents moved from Texas to Florida they seriously downsized and some of the things they sent Greg were some other really old cameras. One is and Agfa Shur-Shot and the other is a Brownie Special Six-20. I'm going to order some film for the Agfa, I'm really excited about it because it takes medium format (120) film, which I've never used. I think the Brownie might take a film that is no longer made, so I'd have to re-spool the 120 onto 620 spools. I'll see if I'm any good at this whole photography thing before I get that involved. :) Here's a picture I took of the Konica yesterday. See my cute pink Romeos in the reflection? LOVE IT. I can't wait to get the pictures off of that developed. I think a lot of the roll is the tulips, but also some of the doggies and a few miscellaneous pictures.

Anyway, here's some of the pictures I took with my digital camera. I feel like I'm starting to learn how to set-up and/or frame pictures better, which is exciting. Especially if I'm going to start using film more often, because it can get expensive!



These pictures were taken from outside, through the kitchen window. I think they're my favorite, especially the last one. I just love them.

Look at these little heart shaped leaves from my front yard, so cute!!
I really need to get some rest so I'm alive for my (hopefully not) crazy night at work tonight.
*Disclaimer: I'm not as amazing as that may sound, considering I didn't go to the gym today. But I have good reasons. I forgot socks and I wore flip flops to work today, (I have to hold onto flip-flop season for as long as possible.) who wants blisters? On the second day back to the gym? I do not need that kind of distraction. Also, when I went yesterday I went right after work and then couldn't fall asleep until after noon. It totally screwed up my sleep schedule. Others have excuses, I have my reasons why. (that's actually a line from my most favorite Nickel Creek song, Reasons Why.)(Actually probably one of my top ten favorite songs ever. Ever.)(I would also have to say that song is the story of my life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment