Sunday, September 27, 2009

hurt is inevitable, bitterness is optional.

that was the first point of the pastor's sermon in church today. I'd be lying if I said that isn't something I need to remember. :)
Vacation is exhausting! All I've wanted to do since we got home is sit around, which is why I haven't posted anything. Well, that and the fact that I was a little sick over the fact that I dumped my camera in the river on our fishing trip and I thought it was a goner. Knowing my camera was kaput made me not want to do anything crafty for fear that it would remind me, once again, my poor little camera was soggy. weird? yeah. But good news- I turned it on the other day and it works just like new!! No water spots or anything. I'm so happy, I've had that camera less than a year (a Christmas present from my honey) and was just starting to play around with it. Thanks goes to my mom, she suggested putting it in a bag of rice. Apparently the rice draws out the moisture. That will definitely be my go-to remedy for swimming electronics.

I have about 15 minutes before I go to work so I thought I would post a few pictures from out fishing trip. Luckily (well, relatively) the camera dropped in the water near the end, so I got almost 300 pictures on the river. My favorites were the Macro shots I did, so they're the ones I edited first. Later I want to go through all of the people ones. I'm not great at shooting people, it's something I need to work on. I think it's because I'm not super confidant, I hate it when people know I'm taking their picture. again, weird? anyhoo-





I can't tell which of these net pictures I like better...





My honey's borrowed boots-
And my honey, the fisherman. I think he's found yet another hick-town hobby to love. My city boy is getting pretty countryfied.


And lastly, some roses from my mom's garden. (she's an amazing gardener!) Yet another set of photos where I can't decide which one I like better. I love both filters on this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment