Thursday, September 16, 2010

not all those who wander are lost...

the two towers

Did you know that quote is from Lord of the Rings? I didn't until about a week ago. This is the whole quote, it's from The Fellowship of the Ring:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.


I'm now a little over halfway through The Two Towers and that quote, in its entirety, is my favorite so far. It's just so, I don't know... powerful. I'm loving the series, even though it takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to read. There's so much packed onto one page. I'll be sad when I'm done reading them, it's been nice to be with the same story this long.


I haven't gotten to my schedule goal, but- MY HOUSE IS CLEAN. Due largely to the fact that I had a houseguest, so it needed to be presentable, but still. My sink is empty, and has been all day because I've done dishes TWICE. yeah baby. also my bed is made and laundry is going. This is a big deal guys.
I'm so pathetic.

I may even attempt- gasp- cooking this week. Yeah, I wasn't lying about the whole 'worst housewife' stuff. I'll get it someday. hopefully.

ps. got my hair did. LOVING IT.

me91610
by the way, little background on this picture. Greg was supposed to take a picture of my hair only, not my face, but did he listen? no. but, the picture actually had some potential, so here's the result after photoshopping out the dark circles under my eyes and photoshopping in some makeup. photoshop is a wonderful thing.
If only it could take off about 50 lbs. I'm over it.

1 comment: