Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just a little bit of spring


037/365
Originally uploaded by small town <3
I love it when flowers show up on my yard, especially when I had nothing to do with it. A few days ago I noticed a mini field of crocus growing under my hydrangea bush. I think I few may have been there last year, but it seems like there's a lot more this go 'round. This little guy was the only yellow one of the bunch, the rest were purple/lavender. I've recently become a little enamored with yellow. It's a little weird considering it's always been one of my least favorite colors. I'm thinking it partly stems from my new-found obsession with anything mustard colored (well, except for mustard) and partly because it's been a pretty dark winter, in every sense of the word. Even bright, primary yellow is catching my eye. So, all that to say, this happy little blond crocus is my fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment